WHAT WE DO
In NAWEM, we work to create a women entrepreneur-friendly environment in Malaysia. Women who have joined the Association have expectations and it is our responsibility to ensure that all efforts are taken to give the members a platform to further succeed in their business. What we can offer:
Opportunity to participate in workshops and seminars conducted by experts and professionals in various fields of business and entrepreneurship that enhances members skills in leadership, management, presentation and communication, marketing and other related areas to better equip them for business.
Facilitate participation in international trade fairs, trade missions, conventions, overseas delegations and world conferences, and hence expose members to wider opportunities, network and business ideas.
Create networking opportunities to get acquainted and share experiences with other women in business, and explore business opportunities together. Organise meetings to give members the chance to get direct access to some of the top players in the country, government officials, and business leaders.
Social & Community Contributions
Members can work with NAWEM to assist the less fortunate and have a sense of fulfilment as coaches, teachers and donors, or they can be mentors to nurture budding entrepreneurs.
Friendship & Fun
Cultivate real friendship by sharing personal and professional experiences and the helping hand of a ‘sister’ when faced with problems. Not to mention the fun and camaraderie generated during our social activities.
Aims and Objectives
- To promote, develop and enhance the efforts and activities of women entrepreneurs.
- To encourage and support women who own and operate businesses.
- To act as the liaison between members and the Government of Malaysia, State and Local Agencies and Organisation, as well as external Agencies and Bodies.
- To develop leadership amongst women who own and operate businesses.
- To harness and realise underutilised resources in the women sector.
- To conduct seminars, workshops, training programs and conferences to provide counselling, consultancy services and to promote, propagate and enhance women’s capabilities and potential.
- To receive, give and administer grants and donations of cash, property or services to programs and activities that will contribute directly or indirectly to the benefits and enhancement of the role and position of the members.
- To invest and deal with the monies of the Association not immediately required upon such manner as may from time to time be determined.
- To borrow or raise money in such manner as the Association may think fit.